Village of Mazomanie Community Building
Contact Info: Village of Mazomanie
Phone: (608) 795-2100
The Mazomanie Community Building can accommodate a variety of
uses and includes a stage, hall and kitchen in addition to small
meeting rooms. Requests for use must be made during working
hours, weekdays 8:00 to 4:00, at the Village Office.
Classes of users:
||Any community-bases, not-for-profit, nonreligious
||Any community-bases, for-profit, or religious organization, or individual(s)
||Any other not-for-profit, nonreligious organization.
||Any other for-profit, or religious organization, or individual(s).
At the time of scheduling, the Village Office shall make the
determination of the class in which a potential user is to be
placed based upon the location, purpose, and legal status of the
- Community-based shall mean any group that was formed and
regularly meets in the Village of Mazomanie.
- Religious shall mean any group of people whose primary purpose
is to engage in activities which involve paying homage to a
superior being. Groups organized for discussion or recreational
purposes shall not be include in this definition even though
they may be affiliated with a group which meets the religious
- Consecutive users shall mean any group that meets at regular intervals
whether daily, weekly, or monthly.
Priority of use:
- The Village Board of the Village of Mazomanie reserves the right to
preempt the use of any part or all of the community building for the purpose
of holding elections, public hearings, or other meeting required for the
operation of village government. At least one day of advance notice shall be
give by the Village Office to any user of the need to preempt reserved
- All scheduling shall be on a first-come, first-served basis. However, a
Class One user may request scheduling priority upon notice to the Village
Office thirty days in advance of the need to preempt another user of lower
rank. Exceptions shall be made for one-time, non-consecutive users
scheduling events including weddings, receptions, class reunions, or similar
uses which, in the judgment of the Village Office, would result in undue
difficulty by rescheduling.
- Every effort shall be made by competing Class One users to resolve their
scheduling conflicts. If no resolution is achieved, the date(s) in conflict shall be declared open to any
user other than the two competing parties. All conflicts and
their resolution shall be immediately reported to the Village
Priority space and times:
The hall and stage, and kitchen, shall be considered priority
space and are most likely to be preempted by a Class One user.
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays shall be considered priority
times and are most likely to be preempted by a Class One user.
- Any scheduling changes must be immediately reported to the Village
Office. Failure to comply will result in termination of use and forfeiture
- All fees must be paid in advance. Each room, area, or separate
time slot reserved shall constitute a separate use subject to
- Reservations for consecutive use shall not exceed six months and
be made no more than sixty days in advance. Renewals shall be
made no more than sixty days in advance of the anniversary date.
The Senior Citizens and R&R Company shall be exempted from this
- Refunds for reserved but terminated use of space shall be made
upon notice to the Village Office. In the event that a user is
preempted, each preempted use shall be refunded.
- All users shall clear their assigned space of equipment and bag
their debris after use. A dumpster is located outside the
Crescent Street entrance. An additional janitorial charge will
be made for extraordinary service, which, in the opinion of the
janitorial staff and Village Office, may be required to return
the space to its condition prior to use. If a user shall at any
time incur and additional charge for janitorial services, future
reservations by that user shall be accompanied by a security
deposit equal to the previous additional charge. Both the
standard fee and the security deposit shall be paid in advance.
- Solid food may be prepared or consumed in the building only upon
payment of the kitchen fee.
- Limited storage of items may be available for consecutive users
and must be enumerated and valued with the Village Office upon
application. The senior Citizens and R&R Company shall be
exempted from a fee payment.
- A key deposit of $20 is required. If the key and the receipt are
not returned, the deposit shall be forfeited.
- Request for exemption to any of the above rules or to the fee
schedule below shall be made to the Village Office for review by
a committee designated by the Village Board or by the Board
- Failure to comply with regulations may result in the denial of
use by the Village Board. Any prepayment may be forfeited.